Thursday, January 24, 2013

Obi-Wan Kneobi and Padre Pio Meme

There is an awesome page on Facebook and corresponding website called Catholic Memes. Recently he ran a meme featuring Sir Alec Guinness and Padre Pio side-by-side, for reasons that will be abundantly clear in a minute. I thought this would be a pretty cool photo to caption, as I thought of the scene in Star Wars where Obi-Wan tells the stormtroopers "These aren't the droids you are looking for." That reminds me of the story of Padre Pio, who bilocated and directed Allied pilots away from San Giovanni Rotondo during the Second World War. Yes I know, the grammar is different, but the reference stands.


For my mom, who does not remember this memorable scene:



Also, Sir Alec Guinness converted to Catholicism, after being mistaken for a priest in the French village that served as the set for the Father Brown-based movie, The Detective.

No comments:

Post a Comment