Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pope Francis

Pope Francis, on the loggia of St. Peter's:

Photo

Notice that he only put the *stole* on, and only after he entered the balcony, immediately before the blessing. He wore the mozzetta, and wore the albito piano; not sure what that is, but it is less mighty than the smaller one. It was weird that he asked for our prayers to bless him, before the "Urbi et Orbi."

There are no Traditional Latin Masses in the Archdiocese of Buenos Aires. He doesn't ride a car to work, and spent many, many hours with the poor. I will not say he is the anti-Ratzinger. That is patently unfair and uncharitable. But, this article from the Catholic Herald intrigues me.

I don't know what to think. I'm just glad that we have a Successor to St. Peter. Maybe I'm too arrogant.

UPDATE: I have heard the Institute of the Good Shepherd, a French order dedicated to the TLM, has a personal parish in the diocese.  I apologize for speaking in error, and I did so without malicious intent, and would not have regardless of what is true. There is much to find out about his views on the liturgy...

No comments:

Post a Comment