Thursday, April 11, 2013

Some Assorted Stuff

“Being protectors, then, also means keeping watch over our emotions, over our hearts, because they are the seat of good and evil intentions: intentions that build up and tear down!”-Pope Francis
 From the fan page of Monsignor Guido Marini, the Papal MC:

Photo


This is exactly what Pope Francis has been talking about, in action. If a picture tells a thousand words, and a concept a thousand pictures, then a concept in action and recorded is just beauty and goodness itself since is it not a part of Love? That is actually lifted from something Cardinal Ratzinger said many moons ago. Monsignor Marini's public statements and witness to the Faith through liturgy are wonderful-ergo he's my favorite Italian priest- but I love seeing when he and Archbishop Gaenswein are in public, smiling and laughing so full of genuine joy, with or without the Pope, who just makes it all cooler!

Also, I can't see Monsignor Marini getting moved any time soon. Clearly, he has a warm and genuine relationship with Francis.

Beautiful.
Happy feast day of St. Gemma Galgani. Her story is incredible. It is sad to the point of depressing that the Passionists are influenced so heavily by New Age practices relating to the environment. I don't think someone like St. Gemma could become a saint in that environment.

"...I will run to Jesus; I will love Him with all the strength of my weak heart. I will love Him with sacrifice. I will love Him even by giving to Him my blood and my life."

In other news, via Father Z:

 

That kid has an awesome chasuble. Now we just need to give him a maniple, and turn him around! His expression could be imitated by many-a-priest; the strict rule to gaze downward when turned to the people is not often used by priests in the Pauline Mass. I also like how the sister is helping out!

No comments:

Post a Comment