Saturday, June 1, 2013

Liturgy Catch-Up and Announcement!

We have had several beautiful liturgies at St. Martin's recently. First, we had Pentecost, celebrated at 10:00 by Fr. James,  a priest of the Institute of St. Philip Neri, the St. Louis Oratory. "Come Holy Ghost, Creator Blest" and the Veni Sancte Spiritus were recording-worthy!

Fr. Beach then celebrated Solemn High Mass with Fr. James and another Oratorian assisting as deacon and subdeacon. I wish I could have stayed and gotten pictures!

Later that day was the parish's May Procession. I served Benediction for the first time, as thurifer. Another one of the boys rang the bells which Father decided to use. No pictures again, and it was a shame because he wore his biretta!

 Later that week we had the Mass for Confirmation where I served as Master of Ceremonies, and where my sister and her classmates were confirmed. It was lovely...at least the server's parts were. I could pretend it was the Octave of Pentecost, now abolished, because the archbishop and assisting ministers wore red vestments. I haven't seen green vestments yet! Fr. Beach decided to use Canon torches and incense at the Consecration. I think this will end tomorrow for Corpus Christi. I hope it comes back for Assumption, and if we did it throughout the school year I would be pleased! The music was iffy, sadly.

Oh and in other big news, Dr. Paul Weber, the Professor of Sacred Music (in fact the program founder) at Franciscan, started his new position today as music director and organist at St. Martin's!

Tomorrow is the feast of Corpus Christi. Fr. Beach will celebrate the Masses as usual. Then, following the Mass in the Extraordinary Form, we are holding an outdoor procession of the Most Blessed Sacrament. The servers from 10:00 can stay; I will be serving the 12:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment