Friday, January 3, 2014

The Experience of Love

I have been pondering the subject indicated in the title. Some things I have been wondering about:
  • Love as a relational thing-how love comes to us in exchange
  • Love as an experience
  • Our knowledge of it-how do we know when we are loving?
  • As a follow-up, our knowledge and understanding of selfless charity
  • Its imperfections on this earth
  • Loving the unlovable-the poor, the sick, the imprisoned, and those in our own families 
  • Rejection
  • Perfecting our motivatons
Please, give me some feedback on this. I want to philosophize a bit on love and get some things squared away. But I want to do it rightly, doing it with what I have received and not my own conjectures. Christian thought on God and indeed God Himself isn't like philosophy. It's not what one comes up with. It's what one receives. See Introduction to Christianity for more. 

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. My hubby wrote a really wonderful piece on what we call philosophical romance :) You might enjoy it :) http://sweetheartsseekingsanctity.blogspot.com/2013/04/philosophical-romance.html

    ReplyDelete