Collect for the 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time: Almighty ever-living God, increase our faith, hope and charity, and make us love what you command, so that we may merit what you promise.Sounds simple enough. I think it becomes less overwhelming when one realizes that these things come from God, and not through our will (though faith comes from assent of the will, and love is an act of the will but rooted firmly in the graces from God, and indeed His essence).
|The three theological virtues, found on the New Theological Movement blog|
The Corporal works are as follows:
- To feed the hungry.
- To give drink to the thirsty.
- To clothe the naked.
- To harbour the harbourless.
- To visit the sick.
- To visit the imprisoned
- To bury the dead
- To instruct the ignorant.
- To counsel the doubtful.
- To admonish sinners.
- To bear wrongs patiently.
- To forgive offenses willingly.
- To comfort the afflicted.
- To pray for the living and the dead.