Saturday, November 24, 2012

Blessed Teresa on Joy

Let anyone who comes to you go away feeling better and happier. Every one should see goodness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile. Joy shows from the eyes. It appears when we speak and walk. It cannot be kept closed inside us. It reacts outside. Joy is very infectious.-Mother Teresa
Joy is so hard to show sometimes. I can be very blustery, but I post these things (and tell you things in person) out of Christian love. I try, anyways. It's hard. Charity is something I need to work on in both my presentation, and how I conduct myself. Everyone, including and especially God, is always watching. I have one friend who is particularly joyful, and her joy is infectious. I wish I could model her more often (Her family is the same way!)  Instead, I wind up like St Jerome, all angry and blustery. 'Tis hard, the Christian life. Let's all pray that we can be more joyous, and spread the authentic Christian life out of love, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment