Wednesday, November 14, 2012

St Clare and the CCC

We become what we love and who we love shapes what we become. If we love things, we become a thing. If we love nothing, we become nothing. Imitation is not a literal mimicking of Christ, rather it means becoming the image of the beloved, an image disclosed through transformation. This means we are to become vessels of God´s compassionate love for others.
~ St. Clare of Assisi
I found this on Leah Darrow's Facebook. Can you tell that I think she is fantastic, and that her work is worthwhile? Wow. I like it when I can just nod my head as I take in each word of a passage, because it's profound yet fairly simple to grasp.

And now for our CCC quote:
CCC § 229: Faith in God leads us to turn to him alone as our first origin and our ultimate goal, and neither to prefer anything to him nor to substitute anything for him.
This speaks to creation, and the argument that God is the first cause. No one can logically argue that there is not a first cause. It's just impossible. Sorry. It becomes even more illogical when you try to avoid God entirely. Also, don't take idols, and work towards becoming a saint!

No comments:

Post a Comment