Friday, November 23, 2012

Thomas Aquinas, and Darth Maul Advent calendars

"Creatures came into existence when the key of love opened his hand."-St Thomas Aquinas
As one moves through the Scriptures, and later Christian writings, I think the theme of love as the source of creation will hit you again and again. It's just that important.

Found this on Taylor Marshall's blog: http://cantuar.blogspot.com/2012/11/huh-2012-lego-star-wars-advent-calendar.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+taylormarshall+%28Canterbury+Tales+by+Taylor+Marshall%29

There's something terribly wrong with Darth Maul Advent calendars. Great, even Advent is secularized. Remember, Advent was supplanted by the Christmas shopping season!
 My friend in seminary pointed out that he would have preferred a chocolate as a kid, and I said that I would give my kids chocolate, so long as I could get in a wholehearted attempt at catechesis. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment