Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oddities



I love this picture, but it is a major fail. First, the server is not holding the priest's chasuble with his left hand, and it doesn't look like he has the bells in his right hand as his hands are folded. Also, he is making a profound bow during the elevation. That is actually done when the priest genuflects to adore the Blessed Sacrament, if done at all.

Guess who went to training for the TLM tonight? That's right , this guy! (Hence my disclaimer above. For  example, St. Martin's servers do not bow, but those at St. John Cantius in Chicago do. That's why I just noticed it now...after using it at least twice on the blog.

I also used this image, on a prayer card. If you are like me, and can't stand the prayer books available at Catholic book stores because they are all-English or never have the prayers you want (in both English and Latin), a good and cheap solution is using a plastic photo album for a book. The trick is copying them into Word documents and sizing them correctly; that will take a few hours if you are like me, and leave a lot of prayers to add in one sitting. The sides can be decorated with prayer cards that have cool pictures; leave the cardstock in, with the white facing out, if it's not big enough for the whole sleeve. I wonder if they make photo-sized holy cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment