Friday, November 29, 2013
Promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
I have a budding interest in devotion to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord, so I thought I would share these with you today. I served Low Mass this morning at home, and I noticed that a banner with these printed on it had been placed on the wall in my absence. Wonderful.
The Sacred Heart is the source of the Love of Our Lord, which He poured forth in Blood and Water to redeem the world as He formed the visible instrument of our salvation, Holy Mother the Church. It is intimately connected to His Divine Mercy.
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of
My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall
have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12. In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!